This month, Franchisee Laurie Malseed, had the privilege of appearing in 2 television segments on getting organized in the new year.
The Living Dayton Show and Fox45 in the Morning ran 3-5 minute interviews with Laurie as she demonstrated how to make various message boards out of cardboard. We used our TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® boxes of course! The cardboard makes a great, sturdy structure and also allows you to secure messages and pictures like you would on a cork board.
Here’s what you’ll need to craft your own decorative message boards:
- Used Cardboard Boxes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Spray Mount
- Command Strips
- Box Cutter or Scissors
1. Start by determining what size you would like your finished boards to be and cut 3 pieces of cardboard to size
2. Cut batting approximately 1 inch larger on all sides than your cardboard and wrap around front of 2 pieces cardboard. Secure edges to back of cardboard with hot glue.
3. Cut decorative fabric (Laurie used fat squares) the same size as you cut your batting (approximately 1 inch larger on all sides than your cardboard)
4. Take cardboard wrapped in batting to a well-ventilated space and spray with a thin coat of spray mount
5. Gently lay the decorative fabric on top of the sprayed batting and smooth with hands
6. Secure edges of fabric to back of cardboard with hot glue
7. At this point if you are going to add ribbon to the front of your board, wrap it around the front of your board and secure it to the back of the board by hot gluing the edges
8. Use 3rd piece of cut cardboard to hide rough edges on the back of your cardboard by hot gluing it to the back of your board
9. Adhere Command Strips or magnets to back of your completed board
10. Hang your board, and enjoy!
Click the images below to view our segments!